Why do we offer customer education classes?
To be the best, as determined by our customers...
...is the cornerstone of Baldor's mission statement. And because you are a part of Baldor, we want to help you be the best also. Baldor is proud to offer a series of intensive education workshops designed to be more than passive seminars. Workbooks, question and answer sessions, and other structured activities assure participant interaction and involvement. Homework and hands-on training supplement these true learning experiences that promise to be beneficial in the field.
Customer Education Classes - Baldor
Baldor Education classes held on the Greenville, SC and Ft. Smith, Arkansas campuses include: Hotel, Food, transportation (from hotel to class and return) and class materials. Baldor Education Classes held at other (off-site) locations include: Lunch, snacks and class materials. Transportation and hotel are the responsibility of the student.
For all classes, airfare is the responsibility of the student.
For more detailed information, please review the Baldor Class Guidelines (PDF).
Fundamentals of MotorsStudent will gain a basic knowledge of motor history and “how motors work”. They will understand the induction process, the different motor components and how to select the appropriate motor based on working application and environment. NEMA standards and basic motor warranty conditions will be discussed. Motor modifications and accessories are included with a brief overview of the various motor starting methods and peripherals.
- Student will experience a “hands-on” motor lab and a comprehensive plant tour (if applicable).
- Learn about the different ratings, speeds and enclosures of motors.
- Recognize different families of motors by sight.
- Identify most basic failure modes including warranty conditions.
- Learn about efficiency and what it means for your applications.
- Discuss NEMA standards and how they relate to HP, RPM, voltage, service factors and frame sizes.
- A brief overview of AC Motor Control Basics.
COURSE LENGTH:2.5 DAYS
Cooling Tower Certification ProgramTypical applications - HVAC Commercial/Institutional – Cooling Tower design, erect and packaged units – Cooling Tower control and direct drive technology- Installation and maintenance.
- Review of the cooling tower application and the different types oftowers and installations.
- Tips and Tricks of the installation and setup of the Baldor CTsolution
- Review the Baldor Permanent Magnet Rotor / Finned Frame MotorTechnology. Along with safety aspect of this type of motor technology
- Cover the VFD in detail including wiring to the motor, tuning thedrive, specific parameters for the cooling tower motor, and safety
- Cooling Tower Wizard Software
AUDIENCEThis class is for Cooling Tower Integrators having experience in installing and repairing Cooling Tower applications.
PREREQUISITEIndustry experience with motors and some drives.
COURSE LENGTH2.5 DaysScheduled ClassesDateLocationSeatsRegistrationAug 11 - Aug 12, 2015Greenville, SC24
Dodge School of TransmissioneeringThe class focuses on the depth of Dodge mechanical product lines and the key differentiators for Dodge superior products. Training also includes discussion of assembly and disassembly of products. Learn competitive features and benefits of Dodge craftsmanship across numerous product lines. Hands-on sessions with set-up and testing are included.
PREREQUISITESSuccessful completion of Prep X Workbook and/or Fundamentals Industrial Power Transmission.
TARGET AUDIENCEAuthorized Distributors and approved employees
COURSE TYPEInstructor led class
COURSE LENGTH4.5 DAYS
Fundamentals of MPTThe goal of the fundamentals of MPT is to provide a comprehensive overview of products used in power transmission. Upon successful completion of this course, students will: - Have a proficient knowledge of the mechanical offerings whichinclude Bearings, Gearboxes, and Power Transmission Components. - Be able to identify from customer specification a viable productoffering to quote in a timely manner. - Know how to research necessary technical specifications in aself-sufficient manner. - Have the needed confidence to communicate with customers as theirneeds dictate. Participant profile This training is targeted at all authorized Dodge distributors to develop their proficiency in the mechanical product lines. 0 -2 years of previous power transmission experience.Scheduled ClassesDateLocationSeatsRegistrationOct 20 - Oct 22, 2015Greenville, SC3