Download RoHS Statement
February 22, 2010
To Whom It May Concern:
Subject: RoHS Compliance for Baldor Electric Company
[Baldor•Reliance®, Baldor•Dodge® and Baldor•Maska®] Products-
The RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC) scope applies to all electrical and electronic equipment falling under categories 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 10 set out in Annex 1A to Directive No. 2002/96/EC (WEEE Directive).
This annex of the WEEE Directive consists of the following list:
Categories of electrical and electronic equipment covered by this Directive
- Large household appliances
- Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools (with the exception of large-scale stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Medical devices (with the exception of all implanted and infected products)
- Monitoring and control instruments
- Automatic dispensers
The products we manufacturer are not typically installed in large or small household appliances or electrical and electronic light industrial tools, so our products are presently outside the scope of these two directives.
To satisfy our customer requirements for smaller motors that may fall into these categories, Baldor complies with RoHS for 50 Hz NEMA 48-210, IEC 80-132 frame motors.
Manager, Standards and Certification