Precision Servo Gearboxes
Baldor's GBSM-series of low backlash, servo motor rated gearheads, mount easily and directly onto ABB's BSM C-series and N-series AC brushless servo motors to provide industrial motion control equipment with torque multiplication and proper inertial matching. These gearheads are designed for servo applications requiring precision, durability, and long trouble-free operation.
The GBSM-series are planetary gearheads, which provide very high power transmission capability, torque multiplication, speed reduction and inertial matching. These are high efficiency gearheads.
The standard GBSM gearheads are available in five different case sizes, which fit directly onto the five sizes of ABB’s BSM servo motors. Mounting takes less than 2 minutes.
These servo rated gearheads are used in industrial applications such as: packaging, material handling, factory automation, robotics, X-Y positioning, printing/converting, cut-to-length, indexers, marking/labeling, trimming, inserting equipment, assembly machines and many other demanding applications.
- Standard backlash is 10, 12 and 15 arc-min max
- Deep case hardened and finish ground satellite gearing – provides low backlash and accuracy maintained throughout the life of the gearhead
- Dual ball bearing supported, large diameter output shaft – provides stiffness and high radial load capacity
- Rugged steel construction – allows for 2.5 times rated torque for emergency stopping
- Round mounting face with tapped holes
- Grease lubricated for long trouble-free life
- Integrated, self-locating input pinion clamps directly onto motor shaft – for easy adaptability and assembly
- Food and beverage
- Flying shear
- Material handling