Very High Voltage Motors
The ABB synchronous motors are known for meeting the high performance standards demanded by many of key industries and industrial sectors all over the world. This is increasingly evident in our line very high voltage synchronous motors also know as the Motorformer®, which range from 5-50MW at voltages from 15kV up to 70kV all in a standard 4 pole design. This innovative design was created to eliminate the need for a large transformer on high voltage applications. Enclosures are available as TEAAC (IC611) and TEWAC (IC81W) up to 10MW and TEWAC (IC86W) above 10MW. Motors are available to meet standards including: IEC and NEMA; all major marine society certifications such as: ABS, DNV, and BV; and Hazardous area classifications via Ex p enclosure.
- Fabricated modular frame with welded steel construction and horizontal configuration
- Rotor windings made from rectangular copper wire integrated solid salient pole rotors
- Excitation systems are avaialbe to operate as AC or DC, and are standard as a brushless
- Comes standard with Micadur Compact Industry insulation system, which provides high dielectric strength and excellent heat transfer
- The motor windings themselves are are made from XLPE (cross-linked polyethylene) which allows the motor to operate into the 70kV region without issues