The ABB synchronous motors for vertical applications are known for meeting the high performance standards demanded by many of key industries and industrial sectors all over the world. This can be seen in our extensive line of synchronous vertical motors which range from 1 to 70 MW, 8 pole and higher (typically up to max of 40 poles), and available in both fixed and variable speed designs. Voltages range from 1kV - 60kV and all major enclosures are available including: WPII (IC01), TEAAC (IC611), and TEWAC (IC81W). Motors are available to meet standards including: IEC, NEMA, VDE, and CSA; all major marine society certifications such as: ABS, DNV, and BV; industry standards such as API 546; while also be available to meet requirements for hazardous locations according to EX (ATEX, IECEx, etc...) Zone 1 and Zone 2 and Division 2 areas.
- Fabricated modular frame with welded steel construction both horizontal and vertical configurations
- Frame sizes range from 710-2500mm shaft height and are available with flange or pedestal mounted bearing arrangements
- Rotor windings made from rectangular copper wire and laminated pole rotors
- Multiple starting methods are supported for fixed speed motors such as: Direct on line, reactor, autotransformer, capicator, Load commutated inverter (LCI), reactor capacitor
- In addition LCI, Cycloconveter, and Voltage source inverter operation is supported for variable speed applications as well
- Excitation systems are avaialbe to operate as AC or DC, and either brushless or brushed with slip ring unit
- Comes standard with Micadur Compact Industry insulation system, which provides high dielectric strength and excellent heat transfer