Low Inrush Current Motors
ABB's Low inrush current (LIC) motors are generally used in weak supply networks where the high starting currents typically drawn by regular motors could cause disturbances. Using data from its extensive installed base, ABB has identified the most common requirements for low inrush current (LIC) motors and created a set of pre-calculated motors based on enhanced designs. These improved motors are optimized for the most common applications, making motor selection much easier and shortening delivery times.
- Fabricated modular frame with welded steel construction
- All stators are made from form wound coils and undergo a full VPI process
- Rotor designs have been optimized to ensure exceptional performance under low inush conditions
- Frame sizes available from 560mm to 900mm shaft height
- Voltages are standard as 11kV, however other voltages are available upon request
- Cooling types WP-II (IC01), TEWAC (IC81), and IC611 (TEAAC) available in horizontal or vertical mounting configurations