High Inertia Fan Motors
With stall times longer than their start times, moderate inrush current levels and a choice of cooling systems, ABB’s new high inertia motors are ideal for driving large fans. Reliability is assured, as they are based on ABB’s proven modular induction motor platform. ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has launched a series of motors designed to accelerate high inertia loads, such as axial fans.
- All of ABB’s high inertia motors for axial fan applications have stall times longer than their start times in normal operating conditions, which means that relay safety protection can be arranged safely
- The 6 - 10 pole motors are designed in accordance with NEMA standards
- They cover the power range 7000 -18500 HP in frame sizes 710 – 900, and can be supplied up to 13.2 kV 60 Hz.
- WP-II (IC01), TEWAC (IC81), and IC611 (TEAAC) cooling systems are available
- The applied inertia level is three times the published NEMA MG-1 chart and the service factor (SF) is 1.15, with a class F temperature rise