Torque Tamer Mechanical Clutch
Intermittent shock loads or overload conditions can stress equipment to the point of premature failure. Dodge Torque-Tamer clutches provide a simple, economical solution. When an overload occurs, the Torque-Tamer is designed to slip, protecting valuable gear reducers and other connected equipment. Once the overload is cleared, the Torque-Tamer automatically resets and resumes transmitting torque.
Dodge Torque-Tamers are easily adjusted to slip at a specified torque value, allowing for customized protection. Suited for use in a wide variety of applications, Torque Tamers may be used with stock or special sprockets, gears, sheaves, or other driven members. With non-asbestos friction discs, long-life bushings, and no required lubrication, Torque Tamers are built for long life and minimal maintenance.
- 4 sizes available: 25 to 70
- Maximum Bore: 3” [80 mm]
- Maximum Torque: 11,500 in-lbs [1,300 Nm]
- Economical overload protection for gear reducers and other connected equipment
- “Easy Set” adjustment allows for customized slipping torques with minimal tools
- Automatically resets, resuming torque transmission after overload is cleared
- Non-lubricated, requiring minimal maintenance
- For use with #35 through #160 chain sizes, with stock or special sprockets, gears, sheaves, or other driven members
- Finished bore designs in popular sizes available from stock
- Utilize non-asbestos friction discs and long-life bushings for increased performance