Why do we offer customer education classes?
To be the best, as determined by our customers...
...is the cornerstone of Baldor's mission statement. And because you are a part of Baldor, we want to help you be the best also. Baldor is proud to offer a series of intensive education workshops designed to be more than passive seminars. Workbooks, question and answer sessions, and other structured activities assure participant interaction and involvement. Homework and hands-on training supplement these true learning experiences that promise to be beneficial in the field.
Customer Education Classes - Baldor
Baldor Education classes held on the Greenville, SC and Ft. Smith, Arkansas campuses include: Hotel, Food, transportation (from hotel to class and return) and class materials. Baldor Education Classes held at other (off-site) locations include: Lunch, snacks and class materials. Transportation and hotel are the responsibility of the student.
For all classes, airfare is the responsibility of the student.
For more detailed information, please review the Baldor Class Guidelines (PDF).
Fundamentals of MotorsStudent will gain a basic knowledge of motor history and “how motors work”. They will understand the induction process, the different motor components and how to select the appropriate motor based on working application and environment. NEMA standards and basic motor warranty conditions will be discussed. Motor modifications and accessories are included with a brief overview of the various motor starting methods and peripherals.
- Student will experience a “hands-on” motor lab and a comprehensive plant tour (if applicable).
- Learn about the different ratings, speeds and enclosures of motors.
- Recognize different families of motors by sight.
- Identify most basic failure modes including warranty conditions.
- Learn about efficiency and what it means for your applications.
- Discuss NEMA standards and how they relate to HP, RPM, voltage, service factors and frame sizes.
- A brief overview of AC Motor Control Basics.
COURSE LENGTH:2.5 DAYS
Cooling Tower Certification ProgramTypical applications - HVAC Commercial/Institutional – Cooling Tower design, erect and packaged units – Cooling Tower control and direct drive technology- Installation and maintenance.
- Review of the cooling tower application and the different types oftowers and installations.
- Tips and Tricks of the installation and setup of the Baldor CTsolution
- Review the Baldor Permanent Magnet Rotor / Finned Frame MotorTechnology. Along with safety aspect of this type of motor technology
- Cover the VFD in detail including wiring to the motor, tuning thedrive, specific parameters for the cooling tower motor, and safety
- Cooling Tower Wizard Software
AUDIENCEThis class is for Cooling Tower Integrators having experience in installing and repairing Cooling Tower applications.
PREREQUISITEIndustry experience with motors and some drives.
COURSE LENGTH2 DaysScheduled ClassesDateLocationSeatsRegistrationSep 27 - Sep 28, 2017Greenville, SC7
Baldor Advanced Motor AcademyBaldor Advanced Motor Academy
Students will receive an in depth overview of the "Features and Benefits" of the products that Baldor has to offer and how to properly select and apply the right one for specific applications.
The course will cover many industry standards in the format of customer or user specifications.
Students will experience two plant tours and the testing lab.
- High Speed motor manufacturing facility (5000 motors a day)
- "MOD Shop" and its capabilities (to take a stock motor and make itfit the customers needs)
We require the students to have 3-5 years’ experience in the industrial motor field. Student will need to bring a laptop computer for the class to utilize the motor selections tools that Baldor has to offer.
Dodge School of TransmissioneeringThe class focuses on the depth of the Baldor-Dodge mechanical product lines and the key differentiators of Baldor-Dodge products. Learn competitive features and benefits of Baldor-Dodge products. Training also includes discussion of assembly and disassembly of products with hands-on sessions. Testing is also included.
PREREQUISITES3 years of industry experience preferred
TARGET AUDIENCEAuthorized Distributors and approved employees
COURSE TYPEInstructor led class
COURSE LENGTH4.5 DAYS