Disclosures required under the
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
Baldor Electric Company is a member of the ABB Group of companies (“ABB”), and benefits from the Group Functions, including Global Supply Chain Management and Sustainability teams. These teams compliment and support the regional entities by assisting in the development and implementation of rigorous Supplier Requirements. ABB is committed to high standards of business ethics and integrity as reflected in ABB’s Code of Conduct. ABB expects all of its suppliers (“Suppliers”) to adhere to similar good working standards and business ethics. The Supplier is expected to comply with the requirements set out in the Supplier Code of Conduct, which prohibits the use of forced or compulsory labor or involuntary prison labor and requires all employees have the choice to leave their employment freely upon reasonable notice. ABB also undertakes a rigorous Supplier Qualification Process, which includes an extensive Supplier Qualification Questionnaire.
- ABB uses the above process and tools to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain. ABB does this in-house; no third-party is used.
- ABB conducts audits of its Suppliers to evaluate compliance with the Supplier Code of Conduct. The audits are performed by an independent third-party. Such audits are generally announced.
- Compliance with ABB’s Supplier Code of Conduct requires Suppliers to obtain confirmation from each of its sub-suppliers providing goods or services directly or indirectly to ABB, that the sub-supplier acts in conformity with the ABB Supplier Code of Conduct.
- ABB maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for employees and contractors failing to meet company standards regarding the ABB Code of Conduct. Employees failing to abide by ABB’s Code of Conduct face disciplinary measures up to and including termination of employment. Contractors who fail to comply with ABB’s Supplier Code of Conduct may face a breach of contract claim, in addition to any penalties imposed by law.
- ABB develops training on our Supplier Code of Conduct, for those company employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management.
To request additional information, please contact Group Function Supply Chain Management at +41-43-317-3444.